Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Building Red's World

The past week or so, I have been meticulously making icons for a map legend to use as a basis for a map I am fine tuning for my friend Kurrie Hoyt's new fantasy novel, Winding Deep, The First of the Red Chronicles (Available soon). While making the icons were tedious and time consuming, now that I am finished I find that the map itself is coming out better than even I hoped. I hope that this will just be the first of many collaborations between Kurie and myself and I really hope I get the opportunity to help her expand the world her main character, Red, inhabits.

If you're wondering who Kurrie Hoyt is, Let me point you to her supernatural series The Hunter Chronicles. Seriene and Caelestis are now available on Amazon and the third in the series should be out within the next few months. She's also quite the poet (From Bad to Verse) and voice actress. At this point, I'm surprised that she is still known only to a few people. Her work is top notch and her imagination and writing style are on par with writers who many consider legendary. When you get the chance check out her work and trust me, when Winding Deep comes out, I'll be the first to tell you when and where to get it.

That's all I have for you for now. Until next time, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment