Tuesday, March 18, 2014

New Project to Get Excited Over

A few weeks ago, I got an idea for a project I've been wanting to do for a while. You see, from the first moment that I published my first book I have wanted to write something that honored the heroes in my life. I was watching TV a day or two after I published my last book, Bloid News, and I saw a commercial for the new American Heroes Channel. Something clicked. I thought about my heroes and I wondered what made them heroes. Well, to find out, let me introduce you to my heroes.

My heroes are the people who risk everything to make sure that I and my overinflated sense of self worth are safe, secure and healthy. Now I could count those who cater to me specifically, but that's just... weird. No, I'm talking about the men and women of law enforcement, EMTs and paramedics, firefighters and military personnel.

The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to focus on the military. And, of course the more I thought about the military, the more I wanted to focus on the Marine Corps. That settled it. So what exactly was I going to write about? Guts and Glory? Special Ops? Nope. I wanted to let people know why someone would join the Marines. So that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to harass some of the best Marines I know and get their perspectives for the book.

So that's it. Until I actually publish the book, I'll be posting on here, at least every other day, some of the cool stuff I learn along the way of bringing you "Always a Marine: The Story of Those Who are Truly Always Faithful".

Until next time, happy reading.

1 comment:

  1. I can not wait to see what comes of this. I will support you all the way!

    ReplyDelete