Thursday, March 20, 2014

Contributors to Always a Marine

So far, I have three of my contributors to Always a Marine lined up. I don't want to release their names yet until I lock down the particulars and make sure everything is legal and all, but I still need one more individual. If anyone out there knows someone interested in joining the Marines, regardless of whether  they're just thinking about it or already taking steps to join, let me know. If any Marine Corps recruiters out there think one of their recruits would be interested in contributing to the book, let me know as well.

All of that aside, I'm getting more excited about this project every day. I'm hoping that this book will give us a good look at what it takes to be a Marine. Are Marines destined to serve from the moment they're born? Is there really any such thing as a "former Marine"? Maybe when we're finished, we might actually find there's some kind of EGA gene that compels men and women to serve in this particular branch of service. Additionally, I've decided to donate a portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book to the Wounded Warrior Project.

The Wounded Warrior Project works to raise awareness and enlist the public's aid for the needs of injured service members, helps injured service members aid and assist each other and provides unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members. When this book is released, your purchase will help support the brave men and women injured in the line of duty.

In addition to the excitement over Always a Marine, I wanted to also take a moment to thank everyone who has been taking advantage of my St. Patrick's Day Giveaway. So far, I've had 500 downloads of Animus. This book was so much fun to write and I can't tell you how many times I laughed when my wife looked at my search history and asked me "What's wrong with you? Do I need to get a restraining order?"

If you've downloaded a copy of Animus, please stop by Amazon and give it a quick review. As much as I enjoy having all of you reading my book, getting people to buy it would be awesome. Word of mouth can do wonders for my book sales. :) While you're at it take a look at my most recent book, Bloid News. Getting mixed up with Rick Giernoth and the Bloid News team was one of the best things to happen to me, so check out this book and see the fun we have.

Now to round out my self serving advertising, I want to mention my Hannah books. These children's stories are designed for young readers to show them that children with autism are just like them. Like Always a Marine, half the proceeds from the sales of the Hannah books go to a worthy charity. In this case, I'm giving a portion of the sales to Autism speaks.

Now, it's back to work. Until next time, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment