Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Friendship Currency



I have been sitting here in my room at my computer for two days, depressed by the fact that I am unemployed and seemingly unemployable. In the past year and a half, I have placed over 1,000 applications for a variety of jobs from fast food to customer service to executive administrator. In the past few weeks, I have had three interviews and hired once for 10 minutes before they decided they could not afford to hire me.

So, while I have been wallowing in my own misery, I have neglected the one asset I have that means more to me than anything else. Today, my friends rallied behind me and did there level best to cheer me up and convey their hopes that I find some success soon. All of this got me to thinking about these friends. I have often heard that even the poorest man can find wealth in friendship, but I always thought that was a romantic platitude made up by someone wanting to sell us something. Today, I realize the truth behind that comment.

Aside from my nieces, who never fail to be a source of inspiration to me, I can count three people in particular who, whether I am whining about my personal life or celebrating my meager accomplishments, have always been there for me. These three people, whom I have never seen in person, have stepped up and cheered me on no matter what I am going through. Even now, when I least want to be the clown prince, these three step up and support me emotionally when everything around me seems like it’s collapsing.

These three people, whose names I will not mention here, truly are the best friends anyone will ever have. Good times or bad, they support their friends. Whether I am contributing to our friendship or being the natural pest that I am, they always show their love and respect. It’s too bad that people weren’t paid based on the value of their souls. These three would be valued higher than any billionaire on the planet.

For all of their love and support that they always show me, the words “thank you” will never be enough. I just wish that I could some way to show them the depth of my love and appreciation for them. Until I find that method of payment, just let me say to them. I do love you all to pieces. If ever I can do anything for you, it’s done.

Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment